TERMS & PRIVACY
Surfterra is a unique integrated community platform that allows the matching between Surf Sessions and photo shoots / filming, giving access to a payment method online, simple and secure. In this community, surfers will be thrilled to have their moments shared and photographers will be happy and proud to share their work, while making money at the same time.
Acceptance Of Terms
By using Surfterra you agree to all the terms below.
Description Of Service
The Site is an online community which enables photographers to upload Photos and Videos. Photographers and surfers, share comments, opinions and ideas, promote their work, participate in contests and promotions, and access and/or purchase services from time to time made available on the Site. Services include, but are not limited to, any service and/or content Surfterra makes available to or performs for you, as well as the offering of any materials displayed, transmitted or performed on the Site or through the Services.
Your access to and use of the Site may be interrupted from time to time as a result of equipment malfunction, updating, maintenance or repair of the Site or any other reason within or outside the control of Surfterra. Surfterra reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site and/or any Service and/or remove any Content at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Surfterra may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of the Site and the Services without notice or liability. The Site should not be used or relied upon for storage of your photographs and images and you are directed to retain your own copies of all Content posted on the Site.
We develop a photo and video community powered by photographers and surfers worldwide and we will develop more features and services in the future. At times things can go wrong and the service may be interrupted. Unlikely, but sometimes things can go really wrong.
As a condition to using Services, you are required to open a Photographer or Surfer account with Surfterra and select a password and username, and to provide registration information. The registration information you provide must be accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your Surfterra account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your Surfterra account.
Services are available only to individuals who are at least 14 years old, and who are authorized to access the Site by a parent or legal guardian. If you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you are responsible for the online conduct of such minor, and the consequences of any misuse of the Site by the minor.
The Services are for use by individuals who are photographers and Surfers. Accounts may not be opened by other market. If you do not qualify for registration you are not permitted to open an account or use the Services.
To fully use the services you need to create your own account, without violating other peoples' rights.
All Content posted or otherwise submitted to the Site is the sole responsibility of the account holder from which such Content originates and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not Surfterra are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, or otherwise submit to the Site. Surfterra does not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Surfterra. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing Content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Surferra user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against users’ photographs, surfers, images or videos;
- To artificially inﬂate or alter vote counts, blog counts, comments, or any other Service or for the purpose of giving or receiving money or other compensation in exchange for votes, or for participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Services;
- To advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services, or to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- To promote or sell Content of another person
To report a suspected abuse of the Site or a breach of the Terms, please send written notice to Surfterra at email: email@example.com.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. Surfterra reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
You cannot use our site to post pornographic material, harass people, send spam, negatively vote on all photos, and do other crazy stuff. Be reasonable and responsible, don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.
Content Submitted Or Made Available For Inclusion On The Service
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any Content to the site. By submitting content to the site you are granting Surfterra a worldwide.
In consideration of Surfterra’s agreement to allow you to post Content to the Site and Surfterra’s agreement to publish such Content and for other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby expressly and irrevocably acknowledged, you agree with Surfterra as follows:
You acknowledge that:
- By uploading your photographic or videos works to Surfterra you retain full rights to those works that you had prior to uploading;
- By posting Content to the Site you hereby grant to Surfterra a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content in connection with the Services. This license will exist for the period during which the Content is posted on the Site and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the Site;
- The license granted to Surferra includes the right to use your Content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, web-sites, applications, and other entities, provided such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the credits (i.e. username, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, all as submitted to Surfterra by you;
- Surfterra uses industry recognized software and measures to restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make high resolution copies of Content posted on the Site. Notwithstanding this, Surfterra makes no representation and warranty that Content posted on the Site will not be unlawfully copied without your consent. Surfterra does not restrict the ability of users and visitors to the Site to make low resolution or ‘thumbnail’ copies of Content posted on the Site and you hereby expressly authorize Surfterra to permit users and visitors to the Site to make such low resolution copies of your Content;
- Subject to the terms of the foregoing license, you retain full ownership or other rights in your Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Content;
You represent and warrant that:
- You are the owner of all rights, including all copy rights in and to all Content you submit to the site;
- The Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order;
- You shall not have any right to terminate the permissions granted herein, nor to seek, obtain, or enforce any injunctive or other equitable relief against Surfterra, all of which such rights are hereby expressly and irrevocably waived by you in favour of Surfterra;
Your photos and videos will preserve whatever copyright they had before uploading to this site. We will protect the copyright and will not sell your photos without your permission.
You will be paid fees (“Fees”) for the sale of Photos or videos in accordance with the Surfterra fee at the time a Customer purchases a Photo or Video. Surferra reserves the right to change the fee schedule from time to time and at any time at its sole discretion. We will notify you of changes to the fee schedule by posting an announcement on the Site. You shall be responsible for reviewing any such changes. Your continued use of the Store, including the continued posting of your Store Images in the Store after a change in fees will signify your acceptance of the revised fee schedule.
In addition to the foregoing, the following terms and conditions shall apply to payment of Fees to you for your Store Images sold through the Store:
- Payment will be processed via PayPal as indicated in your Surfterra account;
You may terminate your account at any time in your Account Settings. Surfterra may terminate your store account at any time for any reason or no reason. All Store Images remaining in your Store account will be removed by Surfterra upon termination of your store account.
If you are selling Photos and Videos to download for your profit, you give us permission to show photos and videos and deliver downloads. Your photos will be kept safe.
Surfterra respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond promptly any claim that Content posted on the Site infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person. Surfterra will use reasonable efforts to investigate notices of alleged Infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law and these Terms where it believes an Infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the Content claimed to be infringing and/or terminating accounts and access to the Site.
If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes Infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
We respect copyright. If anything is wrong, please send an email with all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Surfterra has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Surfterra is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Surfterra shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Some Photographers or Surfers may post links, we are not responsible for those links.
Surfterra, surfterra.com and other Surfterra graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Surfterra. Surfterra’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Surfterra. The images and icons available in the Surfterra icon pack may used by partners and third party sites in connection with providing appropriate links to the Surfterra Site.
Please respect our trademarks and brands.
Surfterra may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your Surfterra account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your Surfterra account, you may simply discontinue using the Services.
We may stop providing services at any time. You can stop using your account or close it at any time as well.
We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Surfterra website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Information Collected by Surfterra
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience
We collect information to make Surfterra website useful for you.
Information You Provide to Us
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way;
- Registration: In order for you to use Surfterra services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information;
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Surfterra and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, and the page you requested. Surfterra uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website
We collect your registration and user data.
Surfterra is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. Surfterra may send out e-mails with Surfterra-related news, products, offers or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Surfetrra, which inform you of actions that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us you can unselect in you profile account. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails from us.
We will send you emails and notifications.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Surfterra cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
Sharing Your Information
Because Surfterra enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Surfterra is an integral part of the Surfterra experience.
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
We do not sell your information to anyone.
Keeping Information Secure
Your Surfterra account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password.
Children Under 14 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Surterra website. As a result, Surfterra does not specifically collect information about children. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Surfterra or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Please register only when you reach 14 years old.
Conditions of Use